Please note: This position is for future opportunities. However, we are accepting expressions of interest as of December 31, 2013
Reporting to the Sr. Clinical Practice Manager, the R. Clinical Counselor within the team is responsible for the provision of assessment, consultation, education and treatment services. The Clinical Counsellor also provides an educational role in assisting clients to better understand the differences between acute and chronic pain and the various effective strategies for managing pain and disability. Additionally the Clinical Counsellor will advise on best practices and will ensure that the rehabilitation and assessment services at OrionHealth are scientifically based and grounded in current research. The Clinical Counsellor will enhance OrionHealth’s status as a leader in unlocking the potential in people and in the development of innovative practice.
- Masters in a mental health field (e.g., Counselling Psychology) preferred.
- Registered with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors or Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- At least 3-5 years experience and specific / formal training in providing the following:
- Mental Health Treatment to adult populations
- Empirically validated treatment techniques/modalities
- Return to Work and/or disability management
- Experience in providing services within any or all of the following environments:
- Return to Work or disability management
- 3rd party Insurers
- Hospital or private healthcare
- Other, please specify on your resume
- Preference will be given to clinicians who have experience in at leas three of the following therapies within the RTW or disability management environments:
- Interpersonal therapy
- Rational Emotive Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Systemic Therapy
- Emotion-Focused Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour therapy
- Behaviour Therapy
- Self-Regulation Therapy
- Desensitization/Exposure Therapy
- Experience in Brief/Short-term crisis intervention or support
- Experience in Disability management and return to work planning
- Treatment experience in the following:
- Acute Stress Disorder
- Anxiety Disorder
- Somatic Symptom Disorder
- Specific Phobia
- Adjustment Disorder
- Neurocognitive Disorder
- Persistent Depressive Disorder
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Above average English in verbal and written formats
- 2nd or 3rd language verbal and written abilities; please specify language (S)
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Able to communicate complex and well-reasoned and defendable ideas.
If you are interested in becoming part of a thriving rehabilitation services team, please email email@example.com quoting RCC-Surrey on the subject line.
We have one of the best clinical team environments in the return to work spectrum of rehabilitation services in BC that will provide dedicated clinicians highly stimulating and challenging clinical experiences and opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.