Open to fulltime or part-time internal applicants.
Approximately 1 year term
Application closing date: Friday October 25, 2013
This working Practice Leader role is responsible to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the programs delivered at OrionHealth Canmore by providing leadership to the rehabilitation staff. Leadership includes guidance/coaching/training, assistance with onboarding of new employees, ensuring quality assessment and treatment and monitoring of outcomes as well as ensuring superior customer service
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and provide leadership and guidance in triage meetings and case conferences. Provide direction and seek consensus on program components.
- Facilitate clinical meetings to review client progress and provide input as needed.
- Assist with random report audits to review content, consistencies across disciplines and in recommendations; ensure adherence with contract and CARF standards. Provide coaching and training to clinicians as required.
- Adhere to CARF standards.
- Adhere to OrionHealth guidelines, policies and procedures and ensure clinical team members are aware and follow policies and procedures – Health and Safety, Clinical, HR and Finance/Admin/IT policies and procedures.
- Provide clinical services within your professional scope: assessments, report writing, progress and discharge reports.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Practice Manager in ensuring OrionHealth Canmore is meeting the expectations detailed in OrionHealth’s Annual Plan.
- Promote a positive work culture at OrionHealth Canmore.
- Keep Clinical Practice Manager and Clinic Leadership Team regularly informed about team functioning and any emerging issues.
- Support rehabilitation staff with case load management issues.
- Provide Leadership in the absence of the Clinical Practice Manager.
- Nurture relationships with referrers; ensure that there is regular contact with WCB Alberta and other referral sources to promote the services offered at OrionHealth Canmore.
- Solicit feedback on referrer satisfaction with our services and communicate to team.
- Implement actions to address any actual or anticipated areas for improvement identified via referrer satisfaction and other mechanisms (e.g., CARF, accessibility/critical incidents/complaints reports) and provide follow-up and communication to referrers as needed.
- Provide guidance and coaching with respect to communication and relationship building with referrers/case managers/QA Manager.
- Liaise with external stakeholders regularly regarding client progress.
Other Related Responsibilities
- Participate in all required staff, team meetings and conferences
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of the clinic’s Annual Plan.
- Contribute to the development of other reports and implementation of action plans to address any issues as required (e.g., CARF, critical incidents/complaints/accessibility).
- Degree and registered with the college in one of the following: Kinesiology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Psychology
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary clinical team
- In depth knowledge of pain management/continuous learner
The position is a balance of hands-on clinical work and leadership responsibilities.
Internal applicants: the closing date for this position is end of business hours on Friday October 25, 2013.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting PL-Temp-Canmore in the subject line.