Reporting to the Clinical Practice Leader, the kinesiologist is responsible for providing a motivating and safe environment for rehabilitation, ensuring that all clients have an appropriate therapeutic exercise program, and promoting confidence and positive attitudes towards health, wellness and prevention with the client population.
In addition to general Kinesiologist responsibilities, the ideal candidate will be someone who is experienced with leadership qualities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design, implement and supervise graded exercise, work conditioning and /or work hardening programs;
- Record functional and subjective findings in client charts;
- Set functional goals with client input;
- Provide group orientation and education as well as one on one education;
- Perform biomechanical, fitness an functional assessments;
- Complete functional components of reports for initial, progress and discharge;
- Ensure return to work plans with client and employer are developed and documented on client chart;
- Perform functional testing/evaluation.
- Completed BSc. Kinesiology
- Registered member BC Association of Kinesiology and holds Liability insurance
- Ideally with 1-2 years experience working in a structured return to work program such as Occupational Rehab 1 or 2, Pain Management, ASTD, etc. in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Experience in WorkSafe BC claims, preferred
Apply in confidence to: employment@OrionHealth.ca quoting KINT-Surrey on the subject line of the e-mail.
Thank you to all who have taken the time to submit applications, however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.