Programs: ORP/ ASTD / RTW Pilot
Reporting to the Practice Lead, the Kinesiologist is responsible for providing a motivating and safe environment for rehabilitation, ensuring that all clients have an appropriate therapeutic exercise program, and promoting confidence and positive attitudes towards health, wellness and prevention with the client population. This is an excellent opportunity to join the return to work program kinesiology practice. Your education and/or experience in WSBC claims and OR1/2/ASTD/RTW/ Pain Management/Mental Health will definitely be an asset to succeed in this role.
In addition to general Kinesiologist responsibilities, the ideal candidate will be someone who is experienced with leadership qualities.
An OrionHealth Kinesiologist is responsible to:
- Design, implement and supervise graded exercise, work conditioning and /or work hardening programs;
- Record functional and subjective findings in client charts;
- Set functional goals with client input;
- Provide group orientation and education as well as one on one education;
- Perform biomechanical, fitness an functional assessments;
- Complete functional components of reports for initial, progress and discharge;
- Ensure return to work plans with client and employer are developed and documented on client chart;
- Perform functional testing/evaluation.
- Completed BSc. Kinesiology
- Registered member BC Association of Kinesiology and holds Liability insurance
- Related experience in ORP, ASTD, RTW or WorkSafe BC claims preferred
OrionHealth offers a competitive salary, generous vacation time, employer paid benefits and profit sharing.
Send your resume and cover letter combined in one document to :employment@OrionHealth.ca quoting KIN-1yr-SURREY on the subject line.
For internal applicants, the closing date for this position is January 18, 2014
Please note that this position is open to internal and external applicants.
Thank you to all applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.