Physician – OrionHealth Surrey
OrionHealth has an exciting opportunity to assess and treat a very interesting and diverse chronic pain patient population. As a Physician in our program you would supported by a skilled interdisciplinary team of professionals, including Pharmacists, Psychologists, Clinical Counsellors, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, and Kinesiologists.
We are currently seeking the services of a Physician who will be responsible for performing medical assessments to determine rehabilitation and treatment requirements, starting at 1 day per week.
The OrionHealth CARF accredited Pain Management Program has an excellent reputation with third party referrers, medical specialists, and community physicians for its comprehensive successful approach to assisting individuals suffering persistent pain. You will be providing service in the OrionHealth Surrey clinic, a large well equipped facility attached to the Surrey Sport & Leisure Complex. The patient population is non-MSP, referred through third party insurers such as WorkSafeBC, RCMP, Veteran’s Affairs, and LTD.
If you are already working in a pain management practice and seek a different setting to utilize your expertise, or if you are a recent graduate with an interest in this area of practice and would like to be mentored by experienced Physicians, this opportunity is for you!
- Conduct medical assessments and examinations to determine and understand medical issues associated with persisting pain
- Determine and recommend suitability for program, medical closure and risk issues, assessments, investigations, medication changes and treatment as required.
- Implement medication management and collaborate with team pharmacists.
- Provide consultation and medical reviews as well as patient education on medical and non medical aspects of pain management
- Liaise and consult with family physician, specialist(s), and other care providers and stakeholders.
- Liaise with the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Document medical status and progress.
- Contribute to the staff and program development aspects of the programs by providing input and seminars at clinical development meetings and in communities of practice.
- Doctor of Medicine, licensed to practice in British Colombia
- Experience in addictions, physical medicine, orthopaedics, or sports medicine would be an asset
- Good knowledge of musculoskeletal medicine
- Understanding of the rehabilitation process and focus on functional recovery
- Knowledgeable of medication best practices for pain, mood, and sleep issues.
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive reports and other correspondence
- Proven ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Basic computer skills
How to Apply:
Please forward resume and letter of interest to email@example.com