Consulting Occupational Therapists (Ongoing Opportunities)
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Department: Progressive Rehab – Burnaby & Lower Mainland
Min. Experience: Experienced
With ongoing opportunities for consulting Occupational Therapists at Progressive Rehab, we offer you unlimited opportunities for professional and financial growth in a challenging yet flexible, collaborative and supportive environment.
Working with the Progressive Rehab team gives you the opportunity to share and develop your expertise in a wide range of professional areas.
Opportunities are currently available in:
- Community Rehabilitation (including Brain Injury Rehab)
- Job Site Assessments and Return to Work Programs
- Ergonomic Services
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Medical Legal Service
The Advantages of Consulting:
Flexibility and Self Direction: You’ll set your own hours, and work schedule, decide to work at home or in the clinic, and direct your practice toward areas of highest interest.
Support: Progressive Rehab provides an initial orientation period and ongoing mentorship to facilitate your transition to private practice. Administrative services are available to support your efficiency and allow you to focus on the clinical side of your practice.
Professional Growth: The team of 25 occupational therapists brings diversity in expertise and interest areas. Therapists are committed to regular review of practice and continual learning to ensure best practice. Progressive Rehab supports this process through regular practice meetings and retreats. Additionally, clinicians can access other disciplines and services available at the other OrionHealth clinics
Financial Opportunities: Progressive Rehab offers highly competitive remuneration packages and you’re in control of how much you earn. New consultants are supported financially during their orientation period.
For Occupational Therapists interested to conduct FCEs, below are the qualifications:
- Must have two (2) years of occupational therapy experience
- Licensed to practice in BC
- As a Functional Capacity Evaluator must meet either of these requirements:
- Experience performing 12 FCE’s in the past 2 years; OR
- Completion of a recognized FCE training course (Matheson, Isernhagen, Blankenship, Arcon, etc.)
- Must have experience in case management, insurance claims, client assessment and treatment, etc.
- Demonstrated strength and success in establishing and maintaining client relations
- Organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated mediation, conflict resolution and negotiation skills are essential
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated confidence and experience to make decisions and provide opinions
- Passion for continuous learning and best practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; report writing is essential
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote PROGRESSIVE on the subject line.