Reporting to the Sr. Director, the Registered Psychologist within the team is responsible for the provision of psychological assessment, consultation and treatment services. The psychologist also provides an educational role in assisting clients to better understand the differences between acute and chronic pain and the various effective strategies for managing pain and disability. Additionally the Psychologist will advise on best practices and will ensure that the rehabilitation and assessment services at OrionHealth are scientifically based and grounded in current research in the field of psychological practice. The Psychologist will enhance OrionHealth’s status as a leader in unlocking the potential in people and in the development of innovative practice.
The Psychologist will provide:
- Psychological assessment services that will most often be part of an interdisciplinary assessment process.
- Counseling/treatment/education as a member on an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team. This includes delivery of a cognitive behavioral psycho-educational program and individualized psychological treatment (e.g. pain, depression, anxiety, PTSD, stress, and sleep management, relaxation/mindfulness training).
- Psychological case management input and direction to the therapy teams pertaining to initial assessment, treatment planning, clients’ progress, conflict resolution, discharge planning.
- Quality reporting and communication.
- Orientation and mentoring to assist other team members to effectively manage clients’ psychosocial issues.
- Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology or related field in Psychology (e.g., Counseling Psychology) preferred.
- Registered (or eligibility to be registered) with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia.
- Assessment, treatment, and consultation expertise relating to the impact of psychosocial factors on the rehabilitation process.
- Preferred experience working with a chronic pain population and techniques in pain management counseling.
- A high degree of proficiency in problem solving and decision making.
- An ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Able to work 2 fixed days/week (will be arranged and agreed upon)
Apply in confidence to: email@example.com quoting RPOR-NW in the subject line of the e-mail.
Thank you for your interest and taking the time to apply, however, only finalists will be contacted for an interview.