The Physicians work within an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals (psychology, pharmacy, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and kinesiology) who offer evidence-based pain rehabilitation programs, within a collegial work environment.
- Provide medical consultation and assessment services one half day per week. These times can be adjusted as mutually agreed by both parties.
- Conduct medical assessment and examinations to determine and understand medical issues, work related restrictions, and suitability for OrionHealth programs.
- Determine and recommend assessments, investigations, medication and treatment as required.
- Liaise and consult with family physician, specialist(s) and any other external care providers with every client assessed as required.
- Complete appropriate charting and document clients’ medical status and progress.
- Prepare reports using the clinic template, on a timely basis.
- Ensure that clients clearly understand their medical issues, treatment options, medication usage and related personal responsibilities linked to their current and comorbid medical conditions.
- Review clients’ medical and medication issues, plans and requirements with the inter-disciplinary treatment team and with the referral sources as appropriate. At times, where there is urgency this may require telephone consultation (if contractor is available)
- Participate in the case conferences, interm meetings and provide direction and ongoing modification of rehabilitation plans.
- Provide direction and ongoing modification of rehabilitation plans.
- Liaise regularly with pharmacist on medication management.
- Complete all required reports in the required timeframe as determined by OrionHealth.
- Attend meetings and in-services as required by OrionHealth per time negotiated based on Contractor availability.
- Adhere to OrionHealth guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Advise OrionHealth regarding physician practices.
- Provide orientation to new physicians.
- Work with the inter-disciplinary treatment team
- Doctor of Medicine
- Experience in addictions, physical medicine or sports medicine would be an asset
- Licensed to practice or eligibility to practice in the Province of Alberta
- Sound understanding of musculoskeletal medicine
- Understanding of occupational rehabilitation
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive reports and other correspondence
- Proven ability to work within an inter-idisciplinary team.
We offer an industry competitive rate for this highly critical role within the team.
Please apply in confidence to: email@example.com.