Reporting to the VP, AB Operations and Business Development, the Operations Leader ensures that the Clinic functions effectively and efficiently to achieve the Clinic goals and objectives that are aligned with OrionHealth‘s vision, mission and values. This interesting and diverse position is responsible for a broad range of duties including but not limited to clinic operations, information management, risk management, human resources, budgeting & financial management, business development and ensuring smooth day to day operations and administrative leadership. Using a dyad leadership model, this position works closely with the Clinical Practice Leader – Calgary Clinic as well as the Senior Clinical Practice Manager as part of the overall Alberta Leadership Team.
As a working leader, the responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and execute short- and long-term strategies that support growth of clinic operations
- With the VP - AB Operations & Business Development, formulate the annual operating budgets for the clinic operation consistent with established financial guidelines and business planning process.
- Develop and implement monitoring systems and procedures to ensure all clinic costs are minimized and that all adverse variations are reported, followed up, regularly reviewed and corrected accordingly.
- Manage all clinic vendor and services contracts ensuring compliance to agreed upon terms and conditions.
- Negotiate contracts relating to lease agreements, facilities management, service & supplier agreements, etc.
- Actively participate with business support staff to set goals, policies and procedures for the clinic to achieve operations, quality, clinical support, financial and business revenue goals.
- Set priorities and allocate resources within the operations and managing day to day activities.
- Implementation of recruitment and selection procedures at the clinic level and work with corporate HR to maximize staffing resources; create a working environment which ensures that employees and contractors perform and deliver at their full capabilities.
- Manage the human, financial and operational resources of the clinic operations to maximize operational efficiencies.
- Participate in ensuring CARF standards are adhered to consistently; implement OrionHealth’s Quality and Risk Management procedures
- Participate in business development activities of the clinic (Contact and RFP development, corporate proposals, etc.)
- Sponsor key corporate and clinical initiatives; model organizational values, set the cultural tone and prioritize business goals.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and initiatives in Alberta.
- Be the “leadership” focal point for all community and market relations efforts.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President of Alberta Operations & Business Development.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated skills with capital justification, budget development, expenditure and controls.
- Ability to work hands on as part of the team
- Advanced hands on experience in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, databases, etc.
- Superior verbal and written English communication skills
- Project management skills
- Advanced organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
- Ability to solve problems and share insight as appropriate
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to make balanced and sound judgment displaying professionalism and diplomacy at all times
- High sense of adaptability and flexibility to changing needs and priorities
- High attention to details
- Demonstrated successes in working well with all levels in the organization, external clients and customers, and other community and business contacts
- Positive attitude, resourceful and proactive.
- Customer service orientated
Business Support and other administrative positions.
- University degree in Business supplemented by Accounting certificates
- Additional business or financial management education of up to and including masters level degree a plus (MBA, CMA).
- More than 3 years of related work experience operating and leading a private multi-services healthcare facility or at least 5 years of general management of a service-orientated business.
- Previous leadership experience at a progressively responsible level.
- Experience working as part of an inter-disciplinary team.
- WCB claims experience, ideal
- Healthcare industry experience, an asset
OrionHealth offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with the opportunity to work in a meaningful and rewarding industry – Rehabilitation.
Please send your cover letter and resume combined in one PDF or Word document:
Email: email@example.com quoting OL-Calgary in the subject line.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for interview will be contacted.