Reporting to the Senior Occupational Therapist-Manager, this position is responsible to measure objectively a client’s ability to perform work and related tasks to determine the feasibility of and barriers for return to pre-injury work and/or proposed vocational work options. The Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE report) assists with rehabilitation and/or vocational planning. This position will be working day to day independently but with close collaboration/consultation with and under direction of the Sr. OT-Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of assessments including Functional Capacity Evaluations, Job Demands Analysis, and Work Site Visits.
- Maintain high levels of accuracy and objectivity during formation of reports; quality assurance; meet referral deadlines for report submissions.
- Minimum bachelors degree in Kinesiology
- Certified membership in BCAK
- Must have completed an approved FCE training program, e.g. RMA, Isernhagen
- Must have a minimum of 2 years FCE experience
- Experience with WSBC is an asset
- Attention to detail; ability to write clear, concise and accurate reports
Experience / Demonstrated Abilities
- Experience working with insurance industry is an asset
- Ability to administer and interpret Functional Capacity Evaluation results
- Experience performing ergonomic assessment’s, PDA’s and return to work programs
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- This position deals with complex claims requiring sensitivity, flexibility, confidentiality and diplomacy
- Sound knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook e-mail & Scheduling
- Unrestricted valid Class 5 driver’s license required
- Contractor position
Please email your resume to email@example.com with Kin-FCE on the subject line.