Reporting to the Manager, Clinical Services, the Kinesiologist is responsible for delivering one on one active rehab program and for providing the environment for development of an appropriate therapeutic exercise program, and increase the confidence of the client in the program.
- Confirming with the physiotherapist, occupational therapist or physician if necessary, the cardiac risk status of the client and discussion if there are particular medical contraindications for an exercise program or extension of program (ie. balance and risk for falls).
- Initiating and monitoring a therapeutic and/or functional exercise program appropriate to the client’s condition with possible guidance of a physiotherapist and/or occupational therapist.
- Advising the client in the safe use of the exercise equipment, such as the treadmills and weight lifting equipment.
- Ensuring client’s goals are clear and they are making strides towards achieving them. For example, setting baselines for activity and targets for improvement.
- Helping clients find ways to enjoy activity in a non-threatening environment. The Kinesiologist reviews the client’s home program and makes recommendations about recreational activities.
- Educating clients regarding anatomy, posture, body mechanics, stretching, nutrition, their injury and other current health issues.
- Keeping accurate clinical records of sessions with clients and keeping accurate records of all relevant communication with clients and other stakeholders.
- Updating referral source on client’s progress and written reports as requested.
- Completed BSc. Kinesiology
- Registered member of Provincial Kinesiology Association and holds Liability insurance
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- OFA Level 1 Certification, an asset
- At least one year experience working in a rehabilitation setting is preferable.
- Sound knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook e-mail & Scheduling
- Open to a flexible work schedule (Mon thru Friday); Schedule will be pre-determined on a weekly basis dependent on caseload
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org