Reporting to the Clinical Leadership, the Career Services Specialist is responsible for providing career planning services to clients of OrionHealth. This will include providing skills assessment, career planning and support job search services.
The Career Services Specialist will assist clients identifying suitable job options as well as securing suitable work that is within their physical restrictions. They will also be responsible for meeting the contractual requirements of the various referral sources and targets identified by OrionHealth.
- Develop individual return to work plans
- Liaise with employers
- Update job board / Provide leads regularly to clients
- Facilitate Job Search Training programs (Job Search Skills Development)
- Act as intermediary between Claim Owners and clients.
- Employ a balanced approach between meeting contractual requirements and service to clients.
- Provide assessments of transferable skills, values and interests
- Complete career assessments
- Conduct career profiles, provide job coaching and supported job search
- Compose all relevant reports regarding above services
- Prepare targeted resumes and cover letters
- Determine critical job demands and match jobs to clients
- Accurately complete data collection
- Monitor, assess, and prepare progress reports
- Services that the career services specialist may also provide to participants include:
- Labour market research
- Testing and assessment: if the counsellor is not qualified to do testing they should work in conjunction with other staff
- Resume revision: this includes other job search skills and motivation of the client to undertake an aggressive job search.
- Interview practice
- Contacting employers
- Coordinating career groups
- One-on-one counselling
For a more detailed job description, please contact human resources.
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences. Education plus experience in career/vocational service delivery will be considered.
- A Masters Degree in Career Rehabilitation or Counselling is preferred.
- CCRC or RRP designation is also preferred.
Please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com indicating CSS – Calgary on the subject line.
We thank all applicants for your interest in OrionHealth, however only those selected for interview with be contacted.