Reporting to the Operations Manager this position is responsible for providing administrative support for the Clinic operations including front desk reception, customer service to clients and referral sources, booking appointments and schedule management, billing, data management, facility maintenance and other administrative duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to referrals received by phone, fax or e-mail. As this is the first point of contact with OrionHealth it is critical that the reception staff have excellent knowledge of the programs, office protocols and customer service skills.
- Completing the client intake form, booking accommodation and shuttle services as required.
- Coordinate medical and functional assessments.
- Secure times from physicians and therapists to build schedules.
- Book clients for appointments including investigative procedures.
- Develop schedules and files for each client in accordance with clinic standards.
- Welcome and orient new clients to the clinic and program.
- Review the client schedule prior to the client arriving.
- Assist clients to complete the questionnaires and client consent form (as necessary check whether or not clients require assistance to complete the forms).
- Score questionnaires and include in client file.
- Inform Supervisor of any issues/trends/unusual occurrences.
- Update phone system
- Update Clinician calendars (Physician, PT, OT, Psychologist, Case Coordinator) using the on line and paper calendar
- Prepare and disburse invoices for services provided in accordance with the policy and procedures.
- Provide finance with a copy of the invoice by e-mail/fax/electronic file within agreed timeline.
- Prepare generic template for services when appropriate and submit to finance for creation of QuickBooks invoice.
- Ensure all invoices include the OrionHealth invoice number from series assigned to clinic by finance.
- Use checks and balances to ensure that billing cycle is complete for all services provided.
- Provide Finance with copies of all correction invoices.
- Comply with 24 hour response time policy for all enquiries made by finance or customer.
- Follow up on payment/invoice discrepancies with fee payer.
- Follow up on outstanding accounts as directed by the Administration Supervisor. Document and follow up with on outstanding invoices and respond to requests. Update the Aging Report.
- Grant credit arrangements as approved by Corporate Finance and following Corporate Finance policies and procedures.
Filing and Records Management
- Create, maintain and follow clinic procedures and OrionHealth policies and procedures for privacy confidential for electronic and hard file records, filing, storage/archiving, creation of charts and templates, chart closing procedures, etc.
- Ensure that Corporate Quality guidelines and policies are followed and that confidentiality regulations “Privacy Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act” are followed.
- Ensure Clinical Records requests are attended to in a timely manner following Corporate Quality guidelines on disclosure
- Organize archiving of files (hard copy & electronic) for storage purposes
- Liaise with HR to organize annual CPR training.
- Review contracts and work with Administration supervisor to ensure understanding.
- Interpret contract for the purpose of invoicing and mandatory service requirements.
- Ensure that purchases are made with attention to value and need.
Facility Maintenance/Occupational Health and Safety
- Participate in taking responsibility for cleaning and stocking of kitchen supplies.
- Ensure that health and safety policies are followed and report all non compliance behaviors.
- Update the various data systems as required.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and outgoing mail and facsimiles..
- Provide transcription services as necessary.
- Provide assistance for reports; reads, faxing and uploading of reports as required
- Participate in Quality Improvement initiatives
- Perform other related and similar duties as required.
- A minimum of two years of office experience.
- Proficient in all aspects of administration work including basic accounting processes;
- Self-motivated with proven ability to take initiative and work independently and collaboratively;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals while demonstrating tact, diplomacy and professionalism;
- Detail oriented with proven ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality;
- Working knowledge and proficient in Microsoft word, excel and data base software.
- Self directed learner.
- Familiarity with medical terminology would be an asset
- Qualify & obtain BCeID
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting AA-PR on the subject line.