Reporting to the Administrative Assistant Team Lead this position is responsible for providing administrative support for the Clinic operations including front desk reception, customer service to clients and referral sources, booking appointments and schedule management, data management, facility maintenance and other administrative duties.
- Open and close the OrionHealth offices in the mornings / afternoons (Monday to Friday) and follow prescribed procedures.
- Answer and direct all incoming/internal calls in a professional manner.
- Schedule all clients for the acute services.
- Greet all visitors/clients in a professional manner.
- Print sign in sheets for programs.
- Re-index computer system on opening.
- Assist program clients with intake forms.
- Receive payment from clients for clinical services.
- Check daily charts for acute clinicians; confirm ICBC or WCB client’s coverage (initial visit or extensions)
- Prepare new files for acute clients.
- Maintain current client files and archive as required.
- Ensure frequent follow-up of “To Do” files and “Awaiting Return Calls” and “Awaiting Appointment” files.
- Schedule external appointments and coordinate medical investigation releases for the Sport Medicine Physician.
- Maintain data base of external scheduled appointments, X-ray films (in-coming and out-going).
- All filing as required.
- Ensure all electronic billing is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Transmit electronic billing information as required.
- Correct and re-submit all billing rejections in a timely manner.
- Handle acute services and rehabilitation retail sales.
- Conduct appointment reminder phone-call for all acute service clients.
- Adhere to OrionHealth guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Adhere to CARF standards.
Performs other duties as identified.
- A minimum of two years of office experience.
- Proficient in all aspects of administration work including basic accounting processes.
- Education: High School Diploma supplemented by a Diploma/Certification in Business Administration, Administrative Assistant Program, any related coursework, or a combination of education and experience.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to take initiative and work independently and collaboratively.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals while demonstrating tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality.
- Working knowledge and proficient in MS Word, Excel and data base software.
- Self directed learner.
- Familiarity with medical terminology would be an asset
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants however only those selected for interview will be contacted.